For the lastest information, please check the Northampton County Health Department Facebook or Webpage.
(March 27, 2020 5:00 pm) NC Governor Roy Cooper Executive Order No. 121 Stay-at-Home. FAQ Concerning Executive Order 121.
(March 26, 2020 4:00 pm) As of March 26, 2020, there are 4 confirmed cases of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) that we know of in Northampton County.
(March 22, 2020 10:00 am) Please be advised that as of March 22,2020, there is one confirmed case of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) that we know of in Northampton County (see press release attached). The affected person is currently in isolation in a healthcare facility. Local public health officials will notify individuals if they may have been at risk of being in contact with the affected person.
(March 20, 2020 5:00 PM) Letter to Northampton County Citizens
NC Governor's Information Link
(March 19, 2020, 9:30 AM) As of this current moment, there are absolutely NO COVID-19 POSITIVE Cases in Northampton County. Could this change in the next few minutes absolutely as the Health Department and Private Providers are testing individuals according the CDC and WHO guidance.
Ways to Protect Yourself against COVID-19:
- Frequently wash your hands for 20 seconds in warm soapy water
- Sanitize surfaces with bleach solution several times throughout the day (5 tablespoons per quart of water, made fresh daily)
- Practice Social Distancing (minimum 6 feet apart)
- Avoid gatherings of groups of people
- When you go out to shop, go during times when there's less people
- STAY HOME WHEN YOU ARE EXPERIENCING FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS SO AS NOT TO POTENTIALLY SPREAD TO OTHERS!
Andy Smith, REHS, CRV, BSEH, MPA Health Director Northampton County Health Department
(March 17, 2020) Governor Roy Cooper EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 118
IMITING OPERATIONS OF RESTAURANTS AND BARS AND BROADENING UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
(March 14, 2020) Governor Roy Cooper EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 117
PROHIBITING MASS GATHERINGS AND DIRECTING THE STATEWIDE CLOSURE OF K-12 PUBLIC SCHOOL TO LIMIT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19